Author Archives: admin
As an occupied official, you confront some to great degree troublesome difficulties like making and commanding new markets or discovering and keeping the best individuals. In any case, then, in the same way as other administrators, do you discover yourself investing an excessive amount of energy tackling regular issues (that no one but you can unravel, right?), which keep you from developing your optimal business?
Most directors discover themselves burning through 80% or a greater amount of their time “responding” to business occasions and almost no time in keeping those same occasions from happening once more. On the off chance that this sounds natural then you may be committing some of these administration errors:
- Do you have a convincing vision for your UAB’s online marketing degree organization, that tasks an amazing future, yet few of your representatives have known about it or could clarify it if inquired?
- Do you have an organization mission that addresses your client needs yet your operations neglect to quantify your advancement towards your central goal?
- Do your targets concentrate on expanding income and gainfulness while your advantages are performing inadequately, producing negative money streams, or hampered by obligation to make the benefit?
- Do you speak a great deal about your representatives (positive or negative) without noticing what your worker turnover or execution measurements are for your industry?
- Do you invest a considerable measure of energy working IN your business on strategies yet neglect to invest a more noteworthy measure of time chipping away at your business to characterize your method, execution measurements, and genuine asset needs?
- Do you have general connections with representatives yet neglect to convey the status of destinations, financials, or measurements?
- Do you profit accessible for preparing yet neglect to quantify how that preparation helps your organization accomplish its objectives?
- Do you always endeavor to enhance your organization’s execution yet neglect to look at your execution against outer benchmarks for achievement?
- Do you trust that your clients, representatives, and sellers all adoration your organization yet you have no procedure for measuring their fulfillment on an on-going premise?
- Do you deliver figures and spending plans yet neglect to accomplish the settled upon objectives or gain from the experience to enhance later on.
Every day operational issues gobble up quite a bit of a chief’s chance. A lot for most chiefs. In any case, by turning around this pattern, you will have the chance to adjust those missteps and construct a predominant association that keeps your best individuals, builds income and expands edges.
Begin by looking at how to expel you from your UAB’s online marketing degree business. Take a gander at computerizing or outsourcing assignments you perform now. Any assignment that falls inside of the strategic operation of your business ought to be exchanged to someone else.
In the event that mechanizing or outsourcing is impossible then move the obligation down the association and train your workers to assume control over those undertakings. Most representatives are truly able once they have been appropriately prepared and sufficiently given time to wind up capable.
Constant change beats postponed flawlessness.
The business is not about the organizer, official or administration that has more experience, supposes they are the most intelligent or can do the best occupation. A business speaks the truth the majority of the individuals. Truth be told a business is the individuals.
Administration’s employment is key. Directors must concentrate on the vision, mission and goals of the association. At that point convey the assets to see the work finishes. At that point measure, screen and impart the outcomes so that everybody has the data they have to enhance their execution.
Administration occupation is to do the vital work and not to do the strategic work or else who is doing the chiefs work? The specialists can’t.
- Using plastic or magnetic letters or the letter tiles from board games makes creating the anagram of the name easier since the pieces are easily manipulated. Pick one letter to begin your new word and see how the rest may combine to follow that letter. Look for patterns of letters that may help you create a different word, such as “-ed” or “-est” for the word ending. Try various combinations of vowels like putting an “a” and “e” together, shifting the letters until you can see a word or phrase. Consider breaking the name into multiple words for the anagram, like finding “ye cats” out of “Stacey.” Other options for finding anagrams include online programs like the Internet Anagram Server and the Anagram Maker 3 from MIT.
Have the Right Approach
- Tech consultant Allison Rossett says online that a lot of pilot programs for new technology crash and burn because the tech wasn’t needed: The organization adopted it because it was new and exciting, not because it solved a clearly-defined problem. Implementing new technology without detailed up-front thinking about what the staff needs or how the tech will solve problems in their work is likely to fail. It makes more sense to find out what problems your team needs to solve, and look for technology that fits those needs. Consider hiring a consultant to help identify your organization’s pressing problems that can be best solved by new technology.
Observe the Organization
- “Harvard Business Review” describes how one turbine manufacturer successfully prepared for transition to a new system using computer-controlled machine tools. System designers observed the factory’s routines and talked to workers about which parts of the job they enjoyed and which tasks frustrated them. The designers found, for example, that workers liked deciding which materials to use and what sequence to follow in their tasks. When the company implemented its new system, it did so without taking away the parts of the job the workers liked. This method addressed perceived problem tasks, while also making the transition easier.
Prepare for Problems
- In the long run, the new tech may make everything easier and more efficient. In the short term, plan for rounds of debugging and unforseen obstacles. Suppose you want to digitize your organization’s files and records. The staff’s learning curve may be steep. Accomodate this by rescheduling deadlines so workers have time to learn the new system. Plan ahead for system crashes so that your records are not unavailable. If you dispose of hard copies, have a separate, routinely-maintained backup system to access records with a separate computer system. Although new technology may cost more to implement than originally planned, if thought out and planned appropriately, it should speed up processes and save money over time.
- Implementing new technology on a small scale is a good starting point. If it’s a large, complex project that will affect every department, break it down into multiple small, simple projects that take less time and money. Start with one of the smaller projects and treat it as a test. If multiple problems crop up, it won’t tie up the entire company. If it succeeds, you have evidence to justify a wider rollout.
- LASIK, short for laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis, is the most popular form of eye surgery today. LASIK surgery is laser vision correction for nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. LASIK is FDA-approved, fast (performed within 15 minutes, according to AllAboutVision.com), and highly effective for restoring patients’ vision to perfect or near-perfect. Corneal tissue is removed and/or reshaped from beneath a surgically made flap in the cornea, in order to achieve results. Risks and complications of this procedure are few (success rate is upward of 92 percent, according to the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery).
PRK and LASEK
- PRK, or photorefractive keratectomy, and LASEK, laser-assisted subepithelial keratectomy, are two other types of eye surgery that use laser technology. These types are alternatives to LASIK surgery. LASEK is for patients whose cornea is too thin to endure LASIK surgery, and PRK is also suitable for patients who do not qualify for LASIK. Both types of laser eye surgery have the same use, perform the same functions, and aim to yield the same results as LASIK eye surgery.
- Lens implants are another type of corrective eye surgery. RLE (refractive lensectomy) and CLE (clear lensectomy) are common refractive surgery procedures in which the internal lens of the eye is removed, and the lens implant of a stronger power is inserted inside the eye. Such procedures exchange the eye’s natural lens with one that is more powerful. Lens implants are used to resolve cataract formation, which causes cloudy vision, and RLE is used to correct severe farsightedness, and is now also used to correct nearsightedness, despite its many complications. Extreme myopia (the technical term for nearsightedness) can be more effectively corrected with other type of lens implants, such as intraocular phakic and toric implants, according to TrustedLasikSurgeons.com.
- Cataract surgery is a common eye procedure, since the condition is prevalent among adults. It is safe and works similarly to lens implant procedures, since new lens implants have been developed to be inserted during cataract surgery, which takes only 15 to 30 minutes, according to TrustedLasikSurgeons.com. A small incision is made with a needle to break up and emulsify the cataract. This procedure is not only used to cure cataracts conditions, but also functions to correct vision for nearsighted and farsighted patients with the modern lens implants.
- Conductive keratoplasty (CK) is a type of surgery commonly used to treat farsightedness and presbyopia, a condition in which the eye cannot focus. TrustedLasikSurgeons.com reports that this surgery is easy, safe and fast, and that it is the only eye surgery approved to correct presbyopia. It works by using radio frequency energy to alter the cornea into a shape that will allow light to focus properly on the retina, improving vision. CK is performed on one eye at a time, and does not promise perfect vision, but aims to reduce the patient’s dependence on glasses.The effects of CK wear off with age, and the procedure may need to be repeated.
- A vitrectomy is an invasive, moderately complicated type of eye surgery that is performed to remove blood, unwanted debris and scar tissue from the eye, and to alleviate pulling on the retina–all of which poorly affect vision. This is also one of the only treatments for severe floaters, which are floating specks in the vision. The clear vitreous gel is removed during this eye surgery, and multiple incisions are made to correct problems caused by retinal detachment, injury, eye bleeding, macular holes and eye infections. Often performed in conjunction with other procedures, recovery time varies from several days to several weeks, depending on the condition treated and outcome of surgery.
Digital Textile Printing
- Eliminating the need to embroider or paint patterns onto clothes, digital textile printing is the latest way a business and consumer can customize clothes. This type of fabric printing allows for small-quantity production, which is highly sought by well-known fashion designers and companies to create high-demand, brand name clothing without a lot of waste. Digital textile printing is capable of producing photo-quality images onto fabric and reproductions of hand-painted art to use for clothes.
- The synthetic fibers that form elastane (also known as “Spandex”) are popular for their elasticity and durability. An anagram of the word “expands,” Spandex revolutionized the clothing world. Clothes that may contain Spandex include pants, wetsuits, bathing suits, underwear, hosiery, activewear and shapewear. Athletes who need form-fitting clothes that do not constrict their movements often wear this material.
Formotion Clothing Technology
- Formotion technology combines different types of fabric to create clothing that will enhance the performance of athletes. Clothes with this technology use compression fabrics to provide control. Specific, sculpted cuts of fabric allow for complete range of motion. Formotion clothes also integrate technologies that regulate an athlete’s body temperature so they stay cooler while they sweat.
Fire-Resistant, Sweat-Wicking Clothes
- Clothing used for safety purposes have combined fire-resistant materials with those that help the user stay cool without the use of added harmful chemicals. DRIFIRE clothes—used by firefighters, welders and those working around open flames—are designed to provide comfort. The material wicks sweat and moisture off the body and reduces the chances of heat stroke and steam burns. The built-in, flame-resistant materials do not melt in extreme heats and protect the skin against flash fires and electric arc flashes.
- Aerogel, also called “frozen smoke,” is the lightest solid material in existence. NASA, to insulate space suits and the Mars Rover, uses Aerogel. Also used as a drug-delivery system, insulation for skylights and to trap space dust, Aerogel introduced itself to the consumer market with the invention of the “Supersuit”: a jacket that is as thin as a T-shirt yet still keeps individuals warm in subzero temperatures.
- Mobile technology refers to any device that owners can use and take with them anywhere, according to the United Kingdom’s Business Support Service. Typical mobile technology includes cellular phones, laptops and global positioning systems.
- Mobile technology includes mobile devices and mobile communication services. A laptop is a mobile device. Wireless Internet connections and Bluetooth connectivity are examples of mobile communication services. These mobile devices and services allow consumers to use their technology on the road, such as connecting a laptop to wireless service in an airport.
- Mobile technology makes life more convenient and allows services that would otherwise not exist. Some restaurants, for example, let their customers pay for meals using a wireless credit/debit card, removing the need to pay at a register. Mobile devices allow people to work just about anywhere. Businessmen, for example, can hook up to a wireless connection and respond to email or receive the latest financial reports while on an airplane.
- Mobile technology also gives an avenue for would-be thieves to compromise company or personal files. Administrators should put a password on their wireless network; otherwise, anybody can connect and snoop around the hard drives of computers connected to it. Mobile technology can also facilitate corporate fraud. Competitors might be able to intercept email and use that information to price their products lower.
- The world will only continue to get more mobile, and mobile technology will get faster, smaller and more useful. In 2010, cell phone companies expect to roll out 4G networks, which transfer data to cell phones at blinding speeds and will allow the downloading of movies to a phone in a matter of minutes.
- Cloud computing is when you use web-based software to perform the same functions as if you had the programs installed on the computer. Google Docs is one example of a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation program used through Google’s website.
- Smartphones are cell phones that are simply small computers. They use operating systems like Windows Mobile and RIM (Blackberry) to surf the web, create documents and communicate.
- Because of their portability, netbooks continue to set technology trends. With screens running about 10 inches, consumers are finding that doing the basics like checking email and getting online is sometimes all they need to do.
- Open source allows many different developers to improve on a basic set of software instructions. Linux is a totally open source operating system, for example, and even Microsoft has entered the open source foray.
- As wireless technology gets better and stronger, the more consumers want to do. From streaming to televisions to accessing computers remotely, wireless functionality makes computing easier and convenient.
- Billed as “a faster and easier way to input text on any screen,” Swype technology is designed to provide users with a quick method to type words into text messages. Swype Inc. says its technology enables users to enter words at a rate of up to 40 words per minute. In addition to mobile phones and tablet computers, the technology is designed to work on an assortment of devices, including game consoles, televisions and kiosks.
- Swype technology contains built-in intelligence that does not require you to hit each letter on a keyboard accurately while typing a text message. Depending on the type of screen, Swype technology can be employed using your fingertip or a stylus. On touch capacitive screens, which are designed to work with the touch of human flesh only, you can only use your fingertip with Swype. On touch resistive screens, any appropriately sized stimulus will activate Swype technology. Swype is available in several languages and supports common editing actions.
- The Swype application is a tightly written program that occupies less than 1MB of memory and is made up of an input path analyzer, word-matching search engine with accompanying word database and a user interface. The application’s word database is comprised of more than 65,000 words. Swype features a built-in statistical tracker that allows you to see your average input speed. Designed to include little to no learning curve, the application does offer an in-program tutorial that teaches the basics of using the program. Similar to word processing applications such as Microsoft Word, Swype automatically corrects commonly misspelled words, such as “friend.” To improve input speeds, Swype automatically inserts a space between words and produces a pop-up window when a swiped word could be one of several words that follow the same or similar path.
- Swype Inc. and its technology were created by Cliff Kushler and Randy Marsden in 2002. Kushler is the co-creator of T9 predictive text technology, which can be found in many mobile phones. Marsden is the developer of the on-screen keyboard for Microsoft Windows operating systems and is an expert in the field of assistive and alternative input technology. Swype Inc. is headquartered in Seattle.
- Many businesses today not only make good use of their web sites, but also social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter as well as blogs and forums. These sites allow companies to share information and news updates quickly with one another and with customers, who share the information with their friends and followers. This viral spread of information plays a vital role in companies getting the word out about their products and services, and it helps customers have a direct say in the goods they wish to purchase.
- The quick sharing of information allows companies to receive instant feedback on their products from customers, employees and the competition. Speed and accessibility are important components in keeping up with research and development in a global business workplace, and the companies rising to the top are the ones paying attention to the available information about their business that potential customers can access.
- Once a business has completed the necessary research on customer needs, wants and reactions, it can continue to benefit from information technology by easily targeting the ideal customers with new products and services. For example, advertisers on the Internet use a kind of technology that “crawls” on an individual’s webpage, scanning words to judge what the individual is interested in, then provides advertisements that may appeal to that individual. If you are reading a web site about beach vacations, you may see advertisements for plane tickets to coastal cities or sales on swimwear. Information technology helps companies reach their target audience immediately.
- Information technology has led to an unprecedented level of connectivity, with telecommunication devices and programs, allowing businesses to stay globally connected and lead a more mobile work lifestyle. This has opened up a greater variety of jobs to potential employees all over the world, because employees no longer need to spend their entire work day in an office in the city where they live. Information technology also gives smaller businesses access to a much wider pool of customers, making it easier for them to compete with larger businesses.
Cell Phone Radiation
- Cell phone frequencies transmit electromagnetic energy putting users at risk for radiation exposure. Cell phone retailers are being required by law to display radiation data, and manufacturers are limited to the level of radiation cell phone waves can emit. According to Cell Phone Accessories, the Federal Communications Commission in conjunction with the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection has defined safe radiation exposure at a level of 4 watts per pound. This is the radiation limit a human can safely receive.
- Cell phone batteries are often recycled and used in the manufacturing of new products. In California, according to Inform Inc., a nonprofit that educates about the effects of human activity on the human body and the environment, manufacturers are required to follow state law based on the Cell Phone Recycling Act of 2004. This law states that manufacturers and retailers must freely collect and reuse old cell phone batteries donated by users. Users cannot be charged a fee for this handling. Additionally, the law states that manufacturers must begin minimizing and eliminating potentially toxic elements within batteries.
Privacy Protection Technology
- Cell phone manufacturers must abide by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and provide privacy protection technologies in commercial software products, according to the University of California. Until recently, manufacturers were required to incorporate anti-coping technology into phones that can connect the Internet. Today, CNet News reports that California deems it lawful for iPhone users to skirt the manufacturer’s anticircumvention software for documentary film purposes.